7 of BCA Students’ Favorite Spots in Bergen County

Bergen County is home to nearly 1,000,000 people, and about 70 towns, each with some local gems that make their respective town special. This article uses data from BCA students from all across the county and shows some commonly-mentioned favorite places to go.

Beets Juice Bar – Park Ridge

Pitaya Bowl

Located near the center of Park Ridge, Beets is a common spot listed by students. Its atmosphere and great food are hits.

They are known for their smoothies, bowls, and juices. Janice Fineman, AVPA sophomore, took the picture, which shows a dragon bowl with pitaya, pineapple, banana, chia seeds, and coconut.

Colonial Diner – Lyndhurst

Exterior

Located in Southern Bergen County, Lyndhurst’s Colonial Diner is a classic NJ Diner. The menu is described as “extensive” and “hard to choose from,” and the food and atmosphere are described as “great.”

The generous and kind wait-staff, amazing breakfast, and memories with friends were cited as reasons that students keep going back. The picture shows some students heading in.

Scenic View of the GW Bridge

Fort Lee Historic Park – Fort Lee

Fort Lee Historic Park overlooks the Hudson River and the George Washington Bridge. An important site from the Revolutionary War, the park is a vital piece of Bergen County’s history. A favorite area of the park is one cliff’s edge, which is said to have an amazing view. The skyline and bridge are lit up at night, which offers, as Daniel Lee, ABF sophomore says, “the best view in Bergen County.”

High Exposure – Northvale

Two sophomores climbing!

In Northvale, High Exposure offers a “cool venue for rock climbing” that many students enjoy. It is indoors and open year-round, and allows you to independently roam around the rock wall. AVPA sophomores Liza Maer and Nina Osso are pictured from their visit to High Exposure. Both say it is one of their favorite places to go to with friends.

Ramapo Reservation – Mahwah

Evening View

Mahwah’s Ramapo Reservation is a great spot for hiking, biking, walking, jogging, and many outdoor activities. As ACAHA sophomore Jordan Gutierrez wrote, it is a “fun place to exercise” and is “clean and safe.” Multiple trails are in the scenic park, one of which leads to a waterfall. The park is great for photo opportunities or just walking a pet.

Sogno Creperie – Westwood

A crepe with chocolate drizzle and powdered sugar

AAST sophomore Maeve McFadden says that the Sogno Creperie is “a cute crepe/coffeeshop where you can hang out with friends and get a bite to eat.” The warm atmosphere is good for cold days in the winter, and is conveniently situated one block away from Westwood Cinemas, a popular movie theater in the area. The local coffeeshop sets itself apart from chains because it embraces its family-owned history and makes high quality food and drinks.

State Line Lookout – Alpine

The best “photo-op” of the lookout

The State Line Lookout is just right for outdoorsy people who enjoy being in touch with nature. Kate Kim, ATCS sophomore, says, that “Anyone who loves to be outdoors would love this place.” Its scenic view of the New York/New Jersey border is located at the highest elevation of the Palisades Cliffs.

As these students have shown, Bergen County is home to many special places that people adore. Visiting these places can help you learn all about the rich community our county has to offer.